Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Starbucks!


By Friday I was getting a little cranky. 2 whole weeks without my Starbucks! I rarely go more than 12 hours without my Starbucks, so you can see the trouble I was in. Anyone who knows me knows I always carry a thermos of coffee around with me every day. So, I went to Starbucks.com to search for locations in Tianjin. There are 9! One appeared to be close to my apartment, so I decided to explore. Saturday morning I rose bright and early, did some laundry, cleaned my 2 room apartment, got groceries, then headed out on my quest. After walking about 1 1/2 miles THERE IT WAS!!! The familiar sign. It looks like a Starbucks anywhere in the US. Same menu (in ENGLISH!), same set up, same prices! The people behind the counter spoke English! I've decided this will be my weekend treat. In fact, it's now Sunday afternoon and I'm sitting in Starbucks drinking coffee and writing this. LIFE IS GOOD!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Julie,
Glad to hear you found your Starbucks. I am loving your blog.
Thanks for sharing.
Robbie